Berries give this smoothie its bright and vibrant colour as well as its delicious taste. This drink is packed with antioxidants and protein – a favourite for that mid-week breakfast on the run.
- SERVES 2 generous portions
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- FREEZING TIME overnight for fruit
1 cup (approx. 130 grams) frozen raspberries
1 cup (approx. 150 grams) (cut in half) frozen strawberries
½ cup (125 ml) yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
1-2 tbsp honey or agave (to taste)
2 tbsp Vanilla or Plain Vital Protein
1½ cup (375 ml) milk of choice
2 tsp melted coconut oil or chia oil
1 tsp Acai Powder or Macqui Powder
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until well combined.
2. Check to see if more sweetener or liquid is required and blend again.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Freezing fruit is also recommended to give your smoothies a thick and creamy milkshake-like consistency. If using fresh fruit, simply add a few ice cubes for a similar effect.
Recipe by Chef Kate – The personal chef of celebrity clients Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom, Gwyneth Paltrow, Meg Ryan and many more, Chef Kate McAloon was born with a “mixing spoon” in her mouth and a natural talent for creating food with amazing flavours.