Chef Kate: “I love chocolate – the secret is out! I think just about everyone else does too, so this is one of my all time favourite smoothies that I make for company. You can add as much chocolate as you like and the Chocolate Vital Protein makes it a great option for a meal on the run. Serve with our Muesli Bar and you’re good to go”.
- SERVES 2 generous portions
- PREP TIME 10 minutes
- FREEZING TIME overnight for banana
1½ bananas, coarsely chopped before freezing
1-2 tbsp honey or agave (to taste)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp Chocolate Vital Protein Powder
½ (125 ml) cup yoghurt
1½ cup (375 ml) coconut milk or milk of choice
1 tsp melted coconut oil or chia oi
1 tbsp almond butter
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Check to see if more sweetener or liquid is required and blend again.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Freezing fruit is also recommended to give your smoothies a thick and creamy milkshake-like consistency. If using fresh fruit, simply add a few ice cubes for a similar effect.
A quick pick me up for grown-ups, add 2-3 tbsp strong black coffee (or 1 tsp organic instant) to the Chocolate Smoothie. Also, omit the almond butter and follow the same method as above.